The Spain-U.S. Chamber of Commerce can help you find the talented personnel you need to bring your business success. Members may search through posted resumes in the private member area.
To post a job opening, please send the job description in Spanish and English, along with contact information.
To submit your resume for review, please use the link on the right to fill out the resume form. Your resume will be visible only to our members.
BEIÑ FASHION SPAIN is looking for an intern to assist the Director of the International Projects in NYC and begin immediately. We need someone who isn´t afraid to think outside the box, has the ability to multi-task and has an extremely positive outlook. Must have interest in International Fashion Business and be based in NYC. Your inputs will not only be heard, but also expected where you’ll be working directly with the CEO.
BEIÑ, is an international online platform based in Spain, created to assist fashion designers from Spain to approach new markets. Now we are focusing in US market. We connect the firms with their target groups in the chosen market: BUYERS and FINAL CONSUMERS, MEDIA and professionals in the sector. The key element of BEIÑ is what we call “Pop Up Space”. We temporarily move the “Market 2.0” to 1.0 in order to achieve a cost-efficient and sustainable development for each firm. For more information check: http://www.beinfashionspain.com/en/bein-el-proyecto.html
APPOINTMENTS BEGIN THIS WEEK, START DATE JUNE 3-4!!The next event is on June 6, during the SPANISH SOHO MILE NEW YORK CITY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
• Communication & PR
• Market research & Data Entry
• Co-coordinate project-based work
• Arrange and coordinate meetings and fashion/scouting events
• Logistics coordinate within the US market.
• Knowledge or interest in International business an fashion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Spanish & English)
• Extremely organize, detail-oriented and pro-active.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn and participate in all aspects of the business.
• Able to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
• Strong administrative office skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. PHOTOSHOP and/or Illustrator knowledge.
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills
Internship is located in NYC but you can work remotely except when in needed to assist meetings, market research or during events.
Would be 5 days a week with some weekend availability as well, from 10 to 6 pm (days and hours are flexible) Fro. Events and POP UPS, has to be able to work daily.
Possibility to join the team full-time after internship!
Please note that this is an unpaid position, however we provide a stipend: Metrocard, phone, plus labor costs (material print, Daily lunch, etc) when is needed. It is an exciting opportunity to hone your skills in an international business, focus on Fashion sector.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and your available start date to email@example.com.
Job Type: Volunteering
When: June 6, 2013, from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
The Spain – U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a private not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to serving American and Spanish businesses, will be hosting The Spanish Soho Mile on June 6, 2013 in Soho. The Spanish Soho Mile is a celebration of the best fashion, footwear and jewelry from Spain.
This social event is expected to congregate more than 1,000 people, followers of the spanish trends, all around well known fashion stores from Spain.
Volunteers will work in collaboration with the staff of the Spain – U.S. Chamber of Commerce in order to support and help in the correct flux of the event. The different tasks will be assigned hours before of the day of the event. This is your opportunity to experience one of the most prestigious social events in New York.
Supporting the staff in their different duties during the event.
Facilitating the flux of attendees
Interest in learning the ins and outs of an event
Social and Communication skills
Curiosity and energy
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Overview - The Marketing Intern provides support to the marketing team in driving and analyzing customer marketing campaigns and strategies. This intern will focus on understanding consumer behavior through market research and database analysis.
Internship Program targets top college and university students for a future career in retail. This highly selective program offers participants an opportunity to explore the fundamental elements of the fashion industry within a leading corporate retail environment. We aim to cultivate our interns’ skill set across the business spectrum through hands-on learning, rotations, interaction with senior management, presentations and work related projects.
• Primary point of contact for internal customers initiating work within the department or checking the status of jobs already in progress.
• Assist with daily operation of the marketing group, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
• Hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing logistics, including event production through booth scheduling and shipping, collateral coordination and premium ordering.
• Responsible for tracking all invoices and expenses against budget.
• Reporting regularly to marketing manager and finance department on fiscal status.
• May staff trade shows and promotional events as needed.
• Responsible for managing inventory of in-house premiums and fulfillment of contest prizes. Assist with developing marketing strategies for promoting programs and services and association image
• Assist with branding, artwork, signage, print advertising, and visual merchandising.
• Assist with developing a marketing campaign for membership recruitment, programs and coordinate in-store promotions and events
• Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Marketing and Visual & Operations Manager
• Other duties as required
• Approximately 24 hours a week for 12 weeks (Spring/Summer semester)
• Credit-bearing; must be able to earn credit through the University
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Previous marketing and visual skills strongly preferred
• Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design majors preferred
• High proficiency in English
• Basics of Graphic Design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign.
• Strong interest in Fashion, Music and Entertainment
• Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills
• Flexibility with traveling and attending events
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office : Word, Excel and Power Point.
Cosmopolitan Incentives, a boutique Destination Management Company, provides our clients with a creative and innovative take on the planning and execution of Incentive Programs, Corporate
Meetings, Product Launches, Multilingual Tours, Pre/Post Convention Programs, Gala Events, Team-Building Activities, Themed Events, and VIP Services for Corporate/Leisure Travellers in The United States.
POSITION: Bilingual (English-Spanish) Destination Designer – Group & Incentive programs
- Competitive pay (Base + Commission)
- Fun, fast paced work environment
- Good Benefits, paid time off, holidays, medical and more
- Develop proposals
- Create and plan incentive programs in major cities in the U.S.
- Manage and coordinate corporate meetings
- Negotiate Hotel and vendor contracts
- Manage Vendor and staff
- Generate sales leads
- Budgeting and invoicing the projects
- Profit Analysis
- Travelling with groups required (only in US)
Required education & experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years events experience
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Proven ability to manage and execute several events simultaneously
- Must maintain a highly positive "can-do" attitude in tight deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven strength in organization, planning and program management with meticulous
attention to details and follow-through
- High level of flexibility, creativity and innovation
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook
Position: Groups & Back Office Coordinator, U.S.A.
Reports to: VP of Sales and Marketing, U.S.A.
Location Base: Jamaica Queens - NY
Position OverviewThe individual in this position needs to be self-motivated, customer-focused, and committed to maintaining superb customer service throughout all areas of the Sales Department; specifically the Groups and Back office department. The individual in this position will oversee the Groups and Back Office department within the organization and be involved in running the day-to-day operations of the department. This position requests that the individual must handle heavy call volume from diverse customer base, most specifically travel agents. The individual is responsible to ensure that the department meets goals and objectives to include implementation of best practices, new systems, and procedures, while achieving the highest level of customer service.
Essential Job Functions
Title: Sales Representative
Reports To: VP of Sales and Marketing, USA
The individual in this position needs to be self-motivated, customer-focused, and committed to maintaining superb customer service throughout all areas of the Sales Department. Account Executive is also responsible for selling Air Europa’s to an identified target client list. This includes new and existing clients with growth potential.
Essential Job Functions
The position involves assisting the Chief Financial Officer in the accounting, financial and administrative functions of the company. Specifically the position would participate in the company’s accounting functions, budgeting process, cash management, tax compliance and planning, financial reporting, internal auditing, risk management and administrative policies and procedures.
• Minimum four-year College or university degree in accounting, business administration or economics.
• Post graduate degree in business a plus.
• Minimum of two years of related accounting or financial experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
The company is a growing; Los Angeles based Investment Company that specializes in hotels and real estate.
Alhambra USA Inc. is looking for a director with strong experience in sales and sales strategies within the wholesale industry.
The director would be in charge of the sole U.S. office of Alhambra guitars. Due to the small number of employees of this office, the jobs of the director are many and varied. They include but are not limited to:
Manufacturas Alhambra S.L., was established in 1965 in Muro de Alcoy, Spain. Alhambra has nearly 50 years of experience in the construction of the best handmade classical, flamenco, and steel string guitars in the market. Our guitars are made using a perfect union between the Spanish tradition of handmade contruction and the most modern woodworking techniques.
The company consists of over 100 professional workers, each with solid experience in the craft of constructing stringed instruments. This team benefits from the labor of a design workshop within the company that is responsible for research and development of new models and processes.
Constant growth and evolution has led Manufacturas Alhambra S.L. to experience an important expansion through the national and international market. Alhambra guitars can be found in more than 50 countries.
Alhambra USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manufacturas Alhambra S.L. and is the sole U.S. distributor of Alhambra guitars in the United States.
If you're a professional with an entrepreneurial spirit serving the Spanish or Portuguese-speaking communities, we could put you in very good company.
New York Life Insurance Company is actively seeking bilingual sales professionals to join us in our commitment to serve the Latino community.
As a qualifying candidate, you’ll benefit from one of the best training programs in the industry, with culturally relevant marketing support in-language, as well as a wide range of products and services to help you position yourself as a knowledgeable professional, with a trusted company.
We offer you a generous benefits package and give you the opportunity to maximize your earning potential, while making a difference in your community.
Let New York Life help you succeed.
For more information contact:
New York Life Insurance Company
Hispanic Marketing & Recruiting Manager
No sponsorship is available for this position and the candidate needs to be local to New York / New Jersey.
Job Title: Internet Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full time
Vagabond Inn is a premier hospitality company that with more than 40 hotels in California. We are currently seeking an Internet Marketing Manager responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to drive revenue and meet brand objectives. This position will work in collaboration with the overall marketing efforts with the company. This is an entry level position, we will provide the training and direction for the right candidate to develop and advance in the marketing field. If you are looking to expand your career in marketing, take a step forward and join our team!
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years preferred
Education Level: Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related fields or MBA
Salary: From $40,000 to $50,000.
Where: Los Angeles, CA
Pay Per Clicking
E-mail marketing for new and existing customers
Advertise the chain utilizing internet social media
Marketing and social media marketing strategies and techniques
Social media webpages such as Twitter or Facebook
Pay Per Click (Google Add words and other programs)
Strong Internet skills
Social media skills
Communication Skills: Strong writing and oral skills
Understanding of consumer psychology and behavior and tendencies
Vagabond Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: web developer/Computer programmer
Where: Los Angeles, California, USA
Contract duration: 12 months.
Job Type: Jornada completa
Vagabond Inn is a premier hospitality company with more than 40 hotels in California. We are currently seeking a web developer/Computer Programmer responsible for developing, designing and maintaining a web site for the Company. We are looking for people from Spain. The applicant will be granted a J-1 Visa for 12 months in order to live and work in the United States. The person will also be offered a competitive salary. If you are looking to expand your career in the United States, take a step forward and join our team!
How to apply:
To apply just send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Design, build and manage web sites, using scripting languages, ASP, .NET, M.V.C.
• Search Engine Optimization by adding key words, content creation tools and digital media.
• Update web site based on hospitality market demands in order to capture more clients based on web news and updates.
• Design, write and edit web page content to increase overall sales.
• Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
• Identify and solve web site problems.
• Test customer satisfaction regarding web content and functionality.
• Evaluate code to ensure it is compatible with browsers, devices and other operating systems.
• Web programming and development for a hotel web site.
• Use, manage and analyze Google analytics and make conclusions based on the results.
• Develop phone applications for the hotel chain.
• Internet research to come up with key words ideas to place web site on the first page of Google results.
• Work closely with marketing department, graphic design team and also booking department.
Experience: 2 or more years of experience developing, designing and maintaining web sites related to Real State or Hospitality. Some experience in developing software applications preferred but not required.
Education: Licenciado en ingeniería informática con especialización en desarrollo de páginas web.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Computer servers such as application servers and others
• Mobile application development
• Pay Per Clicking
• Internet marketing techniques
• Computers and Electronics: specialization in html, web and app software development.
• Knowledge of .NET 2.0 & 3.0 Web sites development.
• Web scraping (Advanced Regular Expressions).
• Development of web services, SOAP, C#.
• Advance programming skills and knowledge.
• Google analytics, Google Add words and SEO.
• Understanding of Oracle data base
• LINQ, SQL Server & Oracle table, procedures storing. T‐SQL, jQuery, CSS, XSD, UML, XSLT.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• English Language: intermediate to advanced writing, speaking and reading skills.
• Customer, Personal Service and client oriented\
• Sales oriented
• Knowledge of media production, social media and communication techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Understanding of web technologies, functionalities and programming practices.
Voovio is an international venture backed start-up with an exciting patented technology that creates 3D virtual tours for businesses of all kinds. Already with operations in Europe and Middle East, the US operation aims to establish itself as a leader in online services for independent retailers, bars and restaurants.
You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of the Voovio success story through the development of a new kind of web-listing for independent shops.
As a Field Sales Representative, your main responsibilities will be to generate sales and exceed company targets through personal visits to independent stores and retail venues in order to create awareness about the product and generate strong leads. Through a consultative sales approach, you will understand your clients’ business in order to convince them to sign-up for the service.
• Business development, identify new independent shops by walking in and generating personal appointments with local businesses
• Present Voovio as the unique opportunity for independent shops to become relevant online
• Achieve targets through consultative sales
Skills of a Field Sales Representative:
• Minimum of 6 months sales experience
• Comfortable with cold calling clients on a daily basis, and door to door sales
• Strong interpersonal and social skills
• Bachelor degree is desirable
• Positive attitude, consultative sales approach and self-motivation are essential
• Pro-actively pursue both creative and entrepreneurial goals.
Enjoy the challenging atmosphere of a business start-up and excel under pressure.
Successful applicants may have the following experience:
Shop Manager, Retail Sales, Field Sales Representative, Account Manager, B2B sales
Globalize your search for talent! The Chamber can help you bring personnel from around the world to the US for training.